2-Step Verification (commonly known as two-factor authentication, or 2FA) acts as an extra layer of security for your account, and it is required in order to make deposits & withdrawals from your account, it comes in the form of a one-time passcode (OTP) generated by the Google Authenticator app (SMS, and Yubikey coming soon!).
You will be prompt to set it up during sign up, however if you didn't do it then, you can follow this visual guide to help you set it up.
We recommend Google Authenticator for users, It doesn’t require an internet connection or phone service to use, and is more secure than SMS due to being offline and local to your device.
Follow this visual guide step by step to set up 2FA in your account:
1. Download the free application from the App Store or Google Play store.
2. Log into your Exchange account and navigate to > Settings > Security and under the Two Factor Authentication click the “Add Two-Factor Now” blue button.
3. Enter your password
4. Select Google Authenticator as your 2FA Method
5. You will be presented with a QR code to scan with your Google Authenticator app.
To scan the code:
6. Open your Authenticator App on your device, click the + symbol or "Add Account"
7. Scan the QR code with your mobile device.
8. Once this is completed, you'll see “Blockchain Exchange” in your Google Authenticator app with 6 numbers that change randomly every 30 seconds. You will need to use these codes everytime you wish to login to your Blockchain Exchange account.
9. At this stage you will need to enter the code generated by your Google Authenticator app as well as copying a code that will have been sent to your registered email address..
10. After 2FA has been configured, you will be prompted to enter the code that appears in the Google Authenticator app at your next login attempt.
11. Once enabled, you will be shown 5 unique back-up codes, please write these down somewhere safe and offline.
Note: If you enable 2FA please write down your 5 back-up codes in your account's Security Settings. These one time codes will help you unlock your account in event that you lose your 2FA device.