2-Step Verification (commonly known as two-factor authentication, or 2FA) acts as an extra layer of security for your account. We highly recommend that our traders use 2FA to help keep their crypto secure.
When logging in you will need both the password for your account plus a one-time passcode (OTP) generated by the Google Authenticator app (Yubikey coming soon!)
We recommend Google Authenticator for users. It doesn’t require an internet connection or phone service to use, and is more secure than SMS due to being offline and local to your device.
- Download the free application from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Log into your Exchange account and navigate to Username > Settings > Security and under the Two Factor Authentication click the “Add Two-Factor Now” blue button.
- You will be presented with a QR code to scan with your Google Authenticator app.
For those on Android devices: Open Google Authenticator on your device, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select Add an account, and Scan a barcode.
For those on iOS devices: Open Google Authenticator on your device, click on the + symbol in the upper right, then click Scan barcode.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device. Once this is complete, you'll see “Blockchain Exchange” in your Google Authenticator app with 6 numbers that change randomly every 30 seconds. This is your 2FA code that you will use for logging in.
- Enter the code and press Next.
After 2FA has been configured, you will be prompted to enter the code that appears in the Google Authenticator app at your next login attempt.
Note: If you enable 2FA please write down your 5 back-up codes in your account's Security Settings. These one time codes will help you unlock your account in event that you lose your 2FA device.